Requirements for Swedish SUF Company Formation

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 0.0/5 (0 votes cast)

There isn’t a very long and complicated list involved in registering a branch of a foreign company in Sweden. You do not have to form a Swedish limited company in order to register a branch or SUF in Sweden. The SUF Bolag can be a branch office of a limited company in another EU country, for example the UK. However, the foreign company may register only one branch office in Sweden. Company formation agencies such as Panlegis make it easy for you to register the SUF in Sweden without hassle. The first thing that you need to do is register the SUF in the branch register that is maintained by the Bolagsverket.

The parent company, say in England, operates under UK laws while the SUF runs according to Swedish laws, but must have the name or part of the name of the original limited company. However, the name or trademark used must not correspond with any other registered company. A managing director, who is a resident of Sweden, is appointed to manage the branch operations and submit the required accounts of the branch office to the Bolagsverket. When hiring a formations service like that offered by Panlegis, you can be ensured of the services of a company secretary who will manage your branch office for you.

All company audits of the UK company will have to be maintained according to UK laws with all accounts legally sound for the branch company to run smoothly too. You may also require an auditor for your SUF, as you have to present an annual report to Bolagsverket although you do not have to file them here, as this is done by the limited company in its origin country.

You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.